Sony Corp. seems to be making some serious plans for penetrating the US smartphone market and is strengthening it ties with T-Mobile. In accordance to this, Sony has declared the Xperia Z1S as the T-Mobile variant of the Xperia Z1 at the CES 2014 expo.
Before the official launch of Xperia Z1 compact, the Z1S was rumored to the Xperia Z1 mini. The Xperia Z1S holds the same specs as that of the Xperia Z1, except for the Z1S is pumped with almost double internal storage of 32GB. Other specs are same as the Xperia Z1 that includes:
- 5-inch 1080p display with Sony’s TRILUMINOUS and X-Reality technology.
- Snapdragon 800 processor with four cores clocked at 2.2GHz and a 2GB RAM.
- 20.7-megapixel Exmor RS camera.
- 3,000 mAh battery life.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (upgradable to KitKat 4.4 in near future).
- Moreover, it is water-proof and dust-proof as well!
The online sales of the Xperia Z1S will begin from January 13 and the in-store sales from January 22nd. There will be a two year contract with no upfront cost and every month users will have to shell out $22 which calculates to $528 for two years.